The Thermite Report
Aluminothermic Reactions for Backyard Scientists
* * *
The Science of Extracting Metals and Alloys from their Oxides with ‘Goldschmidt’ (’Thermite’) Reactions
Gert Meyers – Oxford ChemServe (United Kingdom)
· 37 pages, nearly 14,000 words, organised in 11 main sections (contents table included)
· Ideal for element collectors, backyard scientists etc: make your own element samples for display or subsequent use!
· Written by the author whose method was used by Theodore Gray (PopSci columnist) for home made Titanium (see PopSci No 76, January 2009, ‘Homemade Titanium’)
· From theory (explained with the layman in mind) to practice: how to develop thermite formulations that deliver good quality metal
· Practical formulations for 11 metals and for alloys
· Jam packed with practical tips, how tos and other genuine advice to make anyone succeed
· Troubleshoot thermites that don’t deliver
· 3 Appendices with highly relevant information
· FREE Postage worldwide!
· Delivered as you choose: *.doc file by email, DVD by Royal Mail or printed hard copy by Royal Mail. Indicate your choice by means of the drop down menu.